Skip to main content

Featured

note to self: i’ll be there for you, always

written june 6, 2021. Photo by Kristine Cinate on Unsplash I have always looked for myself in other people. I think the idea was that they would somehow hold the pieces of me that I felt were missing. That maybe, if I wrapped my identity up in theirs enough, we would somehow make a whole person. It's not healthy to live like this, but I did it anyway — burning through relationships and searching for something I couldn't quite name. It was never enough, not to be myself, but it was never enough to latch my identity to other people, either. I got close, several times — I thought I had reached the pinnacle of self discovery. I thought I had completed myself. But in the end, relying on other people to help build yourself is never a viable way to do things. It's only recently that I've started to become comfortable with the idea of being enough, as I am, on my own. Several years ago, in this same position, I would have searched for another person to attach my identity onto,

Aslan {Day 17: An Art Piece}

My first reaction when I saw today's post: "An art piece?? Seriously?!"

I'm not really an artist. And while I appreciate artists, I'm not really that into art.

So I've been thinking all day about WHAT to post.

And then it hit me. The only art I really like is Narnia concept art.

^click

To me, this is one of the most beautiful moments in the movie (Prince Caspian). The reunion of Aslan and Lucy, and the loyalty and simple faith of their relationship is wonderful. It's the kind of relationship I want to have with my Savior. Running into his arms. Savoring every moment. And loving him with every fiber in my being.

I can't wait to meet him face to face. And when we do, I think it'll look a little something like this piece of concept art. I long for the day when we'll be reunited once more. But until then, I'll just wait, falling more and more in love with him each day, and waiting until we're together again.

Comments

  1. Mmm that is SUCH a beautiful picture. I love how you explained why that's the picture you chose...I often think, "How incredibly cool would it be if Jesus was a big fluffy, huggable lion??" But then I realize, He's going to be so much greater than we can ever imagine :)
    Awesome thought-provoking choice of art, friend ;D

    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really need to stop being so inspiring. I'm not sure how much more I can take, Sweet Skylee!! ;-) No, I kid, keep on inspiring me. That picture makes me want to cry, I love it so much. Thank you for sharing. <3

    Love,
    ~Half-Pint

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet picture! Very beautiful. ♥ xo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go 'round... or was that chocolate?

Thank you for stopping by! I read every single comment and love them all. Seriously, it makes my day. I do my best to comment back!

My only rule is basic respect and honor. Disagreement is accepted, but hate and trolling is not. Otherwise, say what you need to say, and have fun. And don't forget to grab a free complimentary mint on your way out.

Popular Posts