Skip to main content

Featured

note to self: i’ll be there for you, always

written june 6, 2021. Photo by Kristine Cinate on Unsplash I have always looked for myself in other people. I think the idea was that they would somehow hold the pieces of me that I felt were missing. That maybe, if I wrapped my identity up in theirs enough, we would somehow make a whole person. It's not healthy to live like this, but I did it anyway — burning through relationships and searching for something I couldn't quite name. It was never enough, not to be myself, but it was never enough to latch my identity to other people, either. I got close, several times — I thought I had reached the pinnacle of self discovery. I thought I had completed myself. But in the end, relying on other people to help build yourself is never a viable way to do things. It's only recently that I've started to become comfortable with the idea of being enough, as I am, on my own. Several years ago, in this same position, I would have searched for another person to attach my identity onto,

A Recipe {Day 25}

Okay, so I'm not really that great in the kitchen. Mom would like to change that fact, but for now... I don't cook.

However, here's a recipe to have a day just like mine!

Here's what you'll need:

1 Polyvore account
1 Lazy Saturday afternoon
1 Dinner at Chipotle
1 Imagination
1 Blog

First step: Mix your Saturday afternoon, Polyvore account, and imagination together, which will create a set. Or two. Or five. In the end, it should look something like this:







Violet Eyes

Violet Eyes by MountainFireflower on Polyvore.com
[^ this is probably one of my favorite sets. Ever. Even though I didn't make it today. Shh! Don't tell anyone!]


Step two: Once you have achieved the desired effect, go get a Chipotle dinner, sit down, and enjoy yourself.

Step three: After eating, go to your blog and post about it. I want to hear your recipes too! :)

Comments

  1. Cool! That sounds like a recipe that I could make :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Sounds like a fun recipe! Especially the Chipotle part! I was thinking today that I would really like to go to Chipotle with you again. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best. Recipe. Ever. ;) I have to admit that I've never eaten at Chipotle before. Lame. I know. ;) I will eat there one day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah-ha! Sounds like an amazing recipe, I will have to try this!! =D xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely recipe! ;)

    (by the way, what is Chipotle?! I've never heard of it....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I *fricken* love polyvore. But I'm not that good... YET. :P
    But I'm learning, bet one day I'll be as good as you!

    You bough BOTH CD's?!?! I'm sooo jealous. I have a copy of ocean eyes but I'd love to have the whole thing.

    I also had a copy of the Birds and the bEes sides... on my MP3. Before it crashed. Now I don't. :P

    Oh well... lucky you! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

    Jefferson Aeroplane (though i'm not sure how they spell the latter word on the CD, that's how I spell it) is one of my favorite along with a couple others that are more serious and make me cry. *sigh* I miss that CD! Tell me what you think. :)

    xx,
    Bleah Briann

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's xobleahbriann :) what's yours.

    yess... e-mail me soon. Commenting is just so... public. :P

    xx,
    Bleah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE YOUR RECIPE. Totally cute idea. =)

    By the way... your new template design is lovely! I like it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go 'round... or was that chocolate?

Thank you for stopping by! I read every single comment and love them all. Seriously, it makes my day. I do my best to comment back!

My only rule is basic respect and honor. Disagreement is accepted, but hate and trolling is not. Otherwise, say what you need to say, and have fun. And don't forget to grab a free complimentary mint on your way out.

Popular Posts