Skip to main content

Featured

note to self: i’ll be there for you, always

written june 6, 2021. Photo by Kristine Cinate on Unsplash I have always looked for myself in other people. I think the idea was that they would somehow hold the pieces of me that I felt were missing. That maybe, if I wrapped my identity up in theirs enough, we would somehow make a whole person. It's not healthy to live like this, but I did it anyway — burning through relationships and searching for something I couldn't quite name. It was never enough, not to be myself, but it was never enough to latch my identity to other people, either. I got close, several times — I thought I had reached the pinnacle of self discovery. I thought I had completed myself. But in the end, relying on other people to help build yourself is never a viable way to do things. It's only recently that I've started to become comfortable with the idea of being enough, as I am, on my own. Several years ago, in this same position, I would have searched for another person to attach my identity onto,

Introducing... Beautiful People - A Blog Thing for Writers

I have a big announcement, so listen up. Georgie Penn and I have decided to start a monthly meme for writers. Yes, that's right. I thought the idea of asking questions about our characters was really cool, so we'll be hosting a blog meme where you writers can do just that. It's called Beautiful People, because our characters are our creations and they are beautiful.












Here's how it works...

Every month, Georgie and I will post a list of questions that you can answer about your characters. We'll answer them too. You can come back here and link up with your posts, and let others read about your characters too! While it will be super fun to read about others' characters, this meme is mainly for YOU to learn about your characters. You can either pick one character to write about every month, or do different characters each time.

For the first few months, we'll be using questions that were submitted on my Meet Avary post (you can see all of the questions in the comment section of the post). We'll be doing them a few at a time, so if you don't see your question here, look for it in the following month. And don't forget to give a big thank you to those who submitted questions!

I'll be posting my answers to all the questions you asked about Avary later, and it will qualify as my very first Beautiful People post.

And now, here are the first 10 questions!


  1. What is their full name?
  2. Does his or her name have a special meaning?
  3. Does your character have a methodical or disorganized personality?
  4. Does he or she think inside themselves more than they talk out loud to their friends? (more importantly, does he or she actually have friends?)
  5. Is there something he or she is afraid of?
  6. Does he or she write, dream, dance, sing, or photograph?
  7. What is his or her favorite book? (or genre of books)
  8. Who is his or her favorite author and/or someone that inspires him or her?
  9. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
  10. Favorite season of the year?
*This month's questions were submitted by Tarissa, Hannah Grace, & Emily Grace. Thank you so much!!

Ready, set, go post & and link up!!

(The Linky widget is not working. Please leave a comment!)

Comments

  1. I entered! I don't know who I'm doing, probably my protagonista, Jocelyn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooo linking up!! This is really cool what your doing.
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this, Kylie!!! {ha, that's what I'll be calling you from now on, if you don't mind}.

    So I finally linked up...sorry 'bout the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I linked. Nice blog. Will definitely be doing more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I'm going to do it too :) I linked up! Sounds like a great idea :)

    Love in Him,
    ~Raechel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I joined this! I added it as an extra page on my blog, because I didn't want to interrupt my normal posting habits:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. May I just say that your "public display of affection" description under your "about you" section almost made me cry. That is a lovely way to put it. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm Linking up! I can't wait, I should have done it earlier!

    `Mim

    ReplyDelete
  9. I linked up for the first time! Can't wait for the next one. :)

    God bless you!
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go 'round... or was that chocolate?

Thank you for stopping by! I read every single comment and love them all. Seriously, it makes my day. I do my best to comment back!

My only rule is basic respect and honor. Disagreement is accepted, but hate and trolling is not. Otherwise, say what you need to say, and have fun. And don't forget to grab a free complimentary mint on your way out.

Popular Posts