Skip to main content

Featured

note to self: i’ll be there for you, always

written june 6, 2021. Photo by Kristine Cinate on Unsplash I have always looked for myself in other people. I think the idea was that they would somehow hold the pieces of me that I felt were missing. That maybe, if I wrapped my identity up in theirs enough, we would somehow make a whole person. It's not healthy to live like this, but I did it anyway — burning through relationships and searching for something I couldn't quite name. It was never enough, not to be myself, but it was never enough to latch my identity to other people, either. I got close, several times — I thought I had reached the pinnacle of self discovery. I thought I had completed myself. But in the end, relying on other people to help build yourself is never a viable way to do things. It's only recently that I've started to become comfortable with the idea of being enough, as I am, on my own. Several years ago, in this same position, I would have searched for another person to attach my identity onto,

Beautiful People - August Edition

What is Beautiful People, you may ask?

Beautiful People is an epic tale of right and wrong, death and life, light and darkness. It's the story of how long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, aliens decided to snuff the life out of the world, and how one brave little toaster saved the world. Don't worry, this is not your average story about a talking toaster, it's more than that. We're just trying to figure out what it is, though. Prepare to be amazed, encouraged, uplifted, inspired, and cheered up, because this is a story to remember. I think.

I'm juuust kidding.

Beautiful People is a blog thing for writers that was started by Georgie Penn and I. We realized that the best way to get to know your characters is to ask questions about them, and we wanted to share this joy with the blog world. You're welcome to join in at any time and use however many of the questions that you wish, past or present. Some of these questions may be a bit hard to answer, but embrace the challenge and go for it!

You can find the handy little blog buttons here, so don't forget to link back and sign the linky!

This month's questions were submitted by Taylor Lynn. Thank you!

Writers, here is your assignment. ;)
  1. What is their biggest accomplishment?
  2. What is one of their strongest childhood memories?
  3. What is their favorite food?
  4. Do they believe in love at first sight?
  5. What kind of home do they live in?
  6. What do they like to wear?
  7. What would they do if they discovered they were dying?
  8. What kind of holidays, or traditions do they celebrate?
  9. What do your other characters have to say about them?
  10. If they could change one thing in their world, what would it be?




Comments

Popular Posts