Skip to main content

Featured

note to self: i’ll be there for you, always

written june 6, 2021. Photo by Kristine Cinate on Unsplash I have always looked for myself in other people. I think the idea was that they would somehow hold the pieces of me that I felt were missing. That maybe, if I wrapped my identity up in theirs enough, we would somehow make a whole person. It's not healthy to live like this, but I did it anyway — burning through relationships and searching for something I couldn't quite name. It was never enough, not to be myself, but it was never enough to latch my identity to other people, either. I got close, several times — I thought I had reached the pinnacle of self discovery. I thought I had completed myself. But in the end, relying on other people to help build yourself is never a viable way to do things. It's only recently that I've started to become comfortable with the idea of being enough, as I am, on my own. Several years ago, in this same position, I would have searched for another person to attach my identity onto,

Beautiful People - June Edition

Beautiful People is a monthly blog event designed to help you get to know your characters, hosted by Georgie Penn and myself. Each month we post 10 questions for you to ask about your very own beautiful people. For more info, check out the first post and the FAQ.

 What's up with Beautiful People?

My apologies. With the dawning of early summer, both my life and Georgie's turned upside down. It's been a hectic ride lately, and as it often happens, BP got pushed to the back burner.

Because of this, Georgie and I would like to announce a break. We're not sure how long it will last, but we just need some time to relax, breathe some air, smell the flowers. Never fear, though! BP is here for this month, with some minor tweaks.

Instead of having us come up with the questions, we are leaving that privilege up to you. This month is a freewrite version, if you will. Come up with ten questions of your choosing, whichever ones you feel will help you characterize your beautiful person of choice. They can come from the recesses of your mind, or you can even pick and choose from the official BP archive. The point is to have fun with it and do whatever helps you, your characters, and your fabulous novel.

Here are this month's questions:

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

I couldn't resist. XD

And, don't forget to sign the linky. Even in the absence of formal questions, the linky is an ever-constant. Though the linky is usually left open for a month, I've left it open for two months due to the impending break.


Beautiful People will be back. Until then, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Love and hugs to you all! Remember: you are awesome.

Comments

  1. I'll miss doing these link-ups!! (I hope your break isn't toooo long. ;P Though saying that, I do hope you have a refreshing break!) Thanks for hosting link-ups like this. We love it!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay, I missed this! Enjoy your break guys - it is well deserved, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah perfect opportunity for me to snatch up some questions I haven't used before do to my late arrival at this wonderful 'event' *grins*

    The hardest part will be - who do I use them for?

    :} Cathryn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go 'round... or was that chocolate?

Thank you for stopping by! I read every single comment and love them all. Seriously, it makes my day. I do my best to comment back!

My only rule is basic respect and honor. Disagreement is accepted, but hate and trolling is not. Otherwise, say what you need to say, and have fun. And don't forget to grab a free complimentary mint on your way out.

Popular Posts